Are you on the path to a straighter, healthier smile? Every patient has a different timeline, but typically it takes up to 12 months to refine. That’s 12 months of perfecting tricks, hacks, and all the tips in between. Here’s a list of our best hacks from both patients and professionals!
- Water picks are lifesavers. Dentists recommend pics over dental floss for every patient, but especially when you have braces.
- Download a mirror app. Food can get stuck in both your teeth and braces. But having a mirror always on hand — or on your phone — makes it easy for you to check for left-behind crumbs.
- Fix wires with a tweezer. Wires can slip out of place very easily. Instead of heading to your orthodontist, slide the wire back into place with a tweezer.
- Consume non-staining foods and drinks. Even healthy foods like berries can stain your teeth, and the seeds can get stuck in your brackets. Steer clear of stain-causing, acidic foods for more confidence while you’re at work or out with friends.
- Have warm water and salt ready. If your mouth is every sore, rinse with 2 tablespoons of warm, salt water.
Up to 12 months with braces can seem like a lifetime for both teens and adults. However, keep in mind that this orthodontic treatment is often the best way to fine-tune your smile!