As summer approaches, you might be planning a getaway with friends or family
to enjoy some time off in a remote destination. While fun is just around
the corner, taking care of your braces is an essential part of correcting
your smile. At Speaks
Orthodontics, we have your back, so we put together the ultimate vacation packing list
for those with braces. Grab your bags and start prepping!
With or without braces, these should always be in your travel bag, as it’s
important to take care of your teeth on a daily basis!
These will be extremely helpful to prevent any discomfort or complications
during your time away.
- Orthodontic wax (for keeping your braces from poking your mouth)
- A small mirror for examining any complications (you never know when you
need to check out the sitch)
- Gum cleaner (to push food out of your braces when it gets stuck)
- A water bottle to swish through your teeth after meals
Last But Not Least
Now that you’re all packed, we recommend staying clear of these travel
foods, so you don’t have to come in for an emergency appointment
and delay your removal date.
- Chewy candy
- Whole fruits – cut them into smaller pieces before consuming
- Stiff bread (looking at you, garlic bread)
All of these foods have the potential to break one of your brackets or
bend a wire. If you steer clear of these foods, you should be able to
enjoy your vacation without any dental complications!
We hope you have a fantastic trip and look forward to seeing you when you’re
back. For more information on braces, tips, and orthodontic advice, contact
Speaks Orthodontics today!